For the past several weeks, we’ve warned of the dangers of adding sexual orientation and gender identity to the civil rights ordinance currently being proposed in Goshen Indiana. Hundreds of concerned moms, dads, and business owners have written letters, made phone calls, and spoken out in opposition to this dangerous ordinance. Thank you for that. You are making a difference. Many have decided they were even going to take action on their own by signing petitions, and going door to door to alert their neighbors. It has been amazing to watch.
The mayor will present this ordinance at the next council meeting Tuesday August 4th at 7 pm at the Goshen Theater. The address is 216 S Main St. There will be limited seating.
We learned this week that Republican Councilman Brett Weddell has drafted a nonbinding resolution that kicks the ball down the court to the General Assembly in hopes that they will take up the cause in January. This is very dangerous and we are asking him to withdraw the resolution for several reasons.
- Bad policy is bad policy. If it is bad policy at the city level, it is also bad policy at the state level. We would NEVER ask the General assembly to decide to lower the drinking age to 11. No! That is bad policy! We would never ask the General Assembly to study the topic of child pornography and decide if it is OK. No! It’s bad policy! We should never ask the state to debate bad policy! SOGI is bad policy for religious freedom and the health and safety of women and children.
- By kicking the can down the road, Mr. Weddell’s resolution is an endorsement of SOGI by Goshen Indiana. State lawmakers will look at these kind of endorsements, and pass a statewide SOGI forcing every town, city, and county to comply with this dangerous law. We cannot presume to know the intentions behind Mr. Weddell’s resolution, it could be an intentional or unintentional endorsement. We don’t know. It could be a simple thing as wanting to ease the heat on his political career from the past two weeks. Regardless of his intentions, the Amendment AND the resolution must be defeated!
Just Say NO!
Say no to the ordinance amendment and say NO to the Resolution. Just say NO.
Here is a recap of the dangers of SOGI.
- Give men, including sexual predators, (rapists and child molesters), legal access to women’s and girl’s restrooms, women’s dressing rooms and women’s shower areas placing women and children in Goshen at grave risk of harm!
- Make it illegal for a Christian business owner (baker, florist, wedding planner, photographer, etc.) to refuse to participate in a homosexual wedding ceremony in Goshen!
- Elevate sexual activity over religious freedom in Goshen!
- Pave the way in the future for the government to punish churches and pastors in Goshen who believe that marriage should only be between one man and one woman!
- Passing this ordinance in Goshen will help pave the way for passage of a statewide sexual orientation and gender identity law to harm citizens throughout the state!
Here are real examples of how SOGI ordinances are a danger to religious freedom and the health and safety of women and children.
What has ALREADY happened around the nation with SOGI laws?
- Owner of Arlene’s Flowers shop, Barronelle Stutzman was sued by the government for her belief that marriage is between one man and one woman.
- Christian Bakers face $135,000 fine for refusing to bake a cake for a lesbian wedding couple.
- Jon and Elaine Huguenin, Elane’s Photography sued for refusing to photograph a gay wedding. Fined $7,000.00.
- Houston Officials have requested five preachers turn in communications that have focused on homosexuality or the contentious equal rights ordinance, which these individuals have fervently opposed.
- Minister sued for not performing same sex wedding.
- Cynthia and Robert Gifford’s (Liberty Ridge Farms) fined $15,000 and sent to re-education camp for not hosting a gay wedding.
- Sex-Offender Status Complicates Transgender Woman’s Dallas Hospital Bathroom-Usage Citation.
- Cross-Dressing man allegedly videotaped women in restroom..
- Man sentenced after going into women’s locker room.
- Police: Man in bra and wig found in women’s bathroom
- Cross-dressing Peeper Infiltrates Cal Women’s Locker Room
- Man dressed as woman tried to take pictures in dorm, police say.
- Purdue police investigate report of man taking photographs in women’s restroom
- Cross-dressing man arrested for exposure at Walmart
- Ocean Grove Camp Meeting; Judge rules in favor of same sex couple.
- Lesbian Couple Wins Discrimination Lawsuit Against Religious Bed and Breakfast Owner Who Denied Them a Room
- Christian schools sued (Page 24)
- Transgender Teen Awarded $75,000 in School Restroom Lawsuit.
There are HUNDREDS of stories like these. My blogging capability has limited linking ability. There are just too many to list. You open the news these days and read story after story of the attacks on people of faith. Crazy stories of basic safety issues when public restrooms and shower areas are violated by sexual predators under the guise of “Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity.” Read More.
Here is what you can do:
- Make a final call to the Goshen City Council and ask them to defeat the ordinance AND the resolution. Find contact information here.
- Show up to the City Council meeting on Tuesday night to speak out and pray. Seating is limited. Make your voice heard.
As Micah Clark, Executive Director or the American Family stated in his email this week:
Even Frank knew that “preventing discrimination” was just a ploy for another agenda. Here is what he told a Boston newspaper concerning a non-discrimination statute for “sexual orientation” and “gender identity” which many today think is meaningless or symbolic.
“There are workplace situations — communal showers, for example — when the demands of the transgender community fly in the face of conventional norms and therefore would not pass in any Congress. I’ve talked with transgender activists and what they want — and what we will be forced to defend — is for people with penises who identify as women to be able to shower with other women . . . that is the price for this bill, it is wrong.”
Those are not my words. They came from liberal Democrat Barney Frank concerning an anti-discrimination bill giving special rights for “gender identity” and “sexual orientation.”