Last year this title would have scared the average American to death! Today, it’s an ugly reality. The sexual revolution has now forced us to have to deal with the absurd. Private businesses such as Target are trading in business for social justice and political fads. They now allow men who “feel” like women that particular day, to go into women’s bathrooms.
Transgender folks are the lease of our worries, what this really means is sexual predators now have FULL access to our women and children.
Schools have now been “mandated” by the Obama administration to open up all bathrooms, locker rooms, and showers to any sex any time. It is happening astonishingly fast!
The strategy being used by the left is city and county ordinances. Here is a sample picture of the Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity ordinance (SOGI) that was presented to the Goshen City Council. It’s the new strategy of the LGBT lobby. City by city, county by county they come in and try to pass this law essentially nullifying RFRA. This past year we united and defeated the state-wide SOGI led by Senator David Long. However you must be aware, they are coming to your cities and towns, and you must know how to stop them.
What is SOGI?
It looks like a nice feel good fuzzy piece of work. However, words mean something. Take a minute to break a couple of these words down. What do they really mean? What do the words “Sexual Orientation” and “Gender Identity” mean in practical terms? What happens when you add them to “employment opportunities” and “public accommodations?” I did a simple search and found some of the definitions.
- Sexual Orientation: T
- Gender Identity: The term “gender identity,” distinct from the term “sexual orientation,” refers to a person’s innate, deeply felt psychological identification as a man, woman or some other gender, which may or may not correspond to the sex assigned to them at birth (e.g., the sex listed on their birth certificate). (Human Rights Campaign)
- Employment opportunities: An employment practice where employers do not engage in employment activities that are prohibited by law. It is illegal for employers to discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, color, sex, religion, or national origin. (Study.com)
- Public accommodations: The term public accommodation refers to an establishment that offers its goods or services to the general public. Fort Wayne
So using these definitions:
- Can a man who “identifies as” or “feels like” a woman be allowed to use the woman’s restroom?
- With both the US Constitution and the Indiana Constitution protecting religious freedom, how are SOGI laws Constitutional?
- What will the state/city do to prevent a child molester from using the opposite sex bathroom?
- Is a Christian daycare required to hire a homosexual employee or man in a dress? What about a Christian bookstore?
- Is a Christian College required to change their lifestyle policy to accept homosexual students?
- Is a Christian business such as a bakery, photographer, florist, required to participate in gay weddings?
Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) has answered some of these questions when they said,
Adding gender identity to nondiscrimination ordinances forces public businesses to let patrons choose which restroom they will use. Biological males can access the women’s facilities, putting the privacy and safety of women and girls at risk.” This should put terror in the hearts of moms in Indiana.
The Ordinance will make it illegal for public accommodations to “discriminate,” which is defined to include excluding someone from any opportunity because of gender identity. “Exclude from any opportunity” is broad enough to include use of restrooms, shower rooms, and locker rooms. This means that business owners will be required to allow patrons to choose whether they use the men’s or women’s restroom. Similarly, patrons of fitness centers and swimming pools will be able to choose which shower or locker room they utilize. This raises privacy and safety concerns, especially for women and girls.
Do you see this? We are sacrificing women’s safety at the altar of tolerance and diversity.
The ADF also stated,
The Ordinance specifically applies to “public accommodations” “(that is, public businesses), and will allow claims of discrimination against them for declining to print messages, or engage in activities, that violate their religious faith convictions….Meanwhile, the constitutional right to free speech “includes both the right to speak freely and the right to refrain from speaking.”A long line of U.S. Supreme Court precedent establishes that the government cannot force citizens or organizations to convey messages that they deem objectionable; nor may it punish them for declining to convey such messages.
This means SOGI laws are unconstitutional and MUST be stopped before we fall prey to activist judges who create their own laws from the bench. Friends, it has already happened. Look at the following list of real stories. These are not “what if” stories. These did not come from the Enquirer. These are stories of lives destroyed because of SOGI laws.
What has happened around the nation with SOGI laws?
- Owner of Arlene’s Flowers shop, Barronelle Stutzman was sued by the government for her belief that marriage is between one man and one woman.
- Christian Bakers face $135,000 fine for refusing to bake a cake for a lesbian wedding couple.
- Jon and Elaine Huguenin, Elane’s Photography sued for refusing to photograph a gay wedding. Fined $7,000.00.
- Houston Officials have requested five preachers turn in communications that have focused on homosexuality or the contentious equal rights ordinance, which these individuals have fervently opposed.
- Minister sued for not performing same sex wedding.
- Cynthia and Robert Gifford’s (Liberty Ridge Farms) fined $15,000 and sent to re-education camp for not hosting a gay wedding.
- Sex-Offender Status Complicates Transgender Woman’s Dallas Hospital Bathroom-Usage Citation.
- Cross-Dressing man allegedly videotaped women in restroom..
- Man sentenced after going into women’s locker room.
- Police: Man in bra and wig found in women’s bathroom
- Cross-dressing Peeper Infiltrates Cal Women’s Locker Room
- Man dressed as woman tried to take pictures in dorm, police say.
- Purdue police investigate report of man taking photographs in women’s restroom
- Cross-dressing man arrested for exposure at Walmart
- Ocean Grove Camp Meeting; Judge rules in favor of same sex couple. the
- Lesbian Couple Wins Discrimination Lawsuit Against Religious Bed and Breakfast Owner Who Denied Them a Room
- Christian schools sued (Page 24)
- Transgender Teen Awarded $75,000 in School Restroom Lawsuit.
There are HUNDREDS of stories like these. My blogging capability has limited linking ability. There are just too many to list. You open the news these days and read story after story of the attacks on people of faith. Crazy stories of basic safety issues when public restrooms and shower areas are violated by sexual predators under the guise of “Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity.”
Let me make a quick observation and ask a question about #18: Not only do you have major SAFETY and privacy issues when you implement SOGI laws, but what is to stop a student strapped for cash, to get a “two for one deal!” Watch the girls and win a lawsuit! The “trans-gendered” teen in this article won a prize $75,000 smackers! What qualifies a student for that big win? Do they have to have sex change surgery… or do they just have to identify with the opposite sex? This article answers that question!
The order prohibits the district from “refusing access by transgender students to school restrooms that are consistent with their gender identity.“
Girl Sues to Use Men’s Room because Transgender:
A transgender teenager said in a lawsuit Thursday that he has been stigmatized by a policy that bars him from using the boys’ restrooms at his eastern Virginia high school.
The American Civil Liberties Union is representing Gavin Grimm in the lawsuit against the Gloucester County School Board. The complaint says Grimm, 16, used the communal restrooms without incident until the board, responding to complaints from local residents, adopted a policy in December requiring transgender students to use a private facility.
Read more at http://politicaloutcast.com/2015/06/girl-sues-to-use-mens-room-because-transgender/#yZ6u8Gl1QXYDqACp.99
Gender Identity: The term “gender identity,” distinct from the term “sexual orientation,” refers to a person’s innate, deeply felt psychological identification as a man, woman or some other gender, which may or may not correspond to the sex assigned to them at birth (e.g., the sex listed on their birth certificate). (Human Rights Campaign)
If I haven’t convinced you how critical this is, take a look at this quote from open homosexual and former Congressman Barney Frank, who warns that “gender identity” laws will give men the right to use women’s showers in public facilities. Even HE opposes this radical move. Rep. Frank said:
There are workplace situations — communal showers, for example — when the demands of the transgender community fly in the face of conventional norms and therefore would not pass in any Congress. I’ve talked with transgender activists and what they want — and what we will be forced to defend — is for people with penises who identify as women to be able to shower with other women. There are no votes for that. And if that is the price for this bill, it is wrong.”
The LGBT lobby has figured out it is easier to pass these kinds of laws locally. Currently there are about eight different cities, in Indiana that are trying to pass them including Goshen (see above ordinance). They MUST be stopped locally.
How can we stop SOGI?
The fight comes hidden, under the cover of city council meetings, with no notice given to the people. Sometimes even when notice is given, it happens because people are not educated on the issue. We are very busy people. Most are just trying to make ends meet and make sure the kids are where they are supposed to be, at the right time! The church has done a very poor job of helping their congregations know how to engage in the cultural war around them.
Fear of anything “political” has taken over the pulpits of America. The desire not to engage in the tough issues officially has been assigned the official excuse that it’s “political” and we can’t talk about it. Bottom line. People don’t know how to engage. They are not educated. Now we have reached the critical point we are nearly about to lose the First Amendment.
So when this issue comes to your city council why is it bad? And what can you do about it?
It is my goal to simplify this as best I can and to give you confidence that you can fight this and you can win.
FIVE STEPS TO STOP SOGI.
Now that we know the dangers of SOGI, what do you do when it comes to your town? How do you stop it especially when most are passed secretly? Here are five ways:
- Educate yourself: Ask, Learn, and Share
- Know the issue. Know the implications of a SOGI if it is passed.
- Know the partners and triggers. SOGI can be attached to community, state, and federal grants. When a community wants to apply for funding, sometimes it comes with stipulations. READ THE FINE PRINT. Some possibilities where a SOGI could be hidden is inside such things as Regional Cities and Stellar Grants it also can be presented not attached to any funding.
- Know the Council dates and be a watchdog. Announcements are usually found on your cities website, you can also call your local city/mayor’s office. Show up and be present!
- Know how to organize. Find like-minded people and groups to connect with. This can be done through social media, churches, life groups, tea parties, conservative organizations, etc. CONNECT, ENGAGE, AND UNITE!
- Wear Green and Be seen! SHOW UP!!! When your city council tries to pass a SOGI law, the temptation (especially if you are new) is to timidly show up, sit in the back, and hope no one sees you. It is NORMAL to be afraid. That’s OK! It’s a war, and war is scary. There are some who have never done a courageous thing like show up to council to speak, but they understand the need, so they come and sit in the corner. The problem with this is the media doesn’t know who the supporters are and who the opposition is, so of course the liberal media says things like HUNDREDS come out to support the SOGI ordinance tonight, when in fact the room was FULL of opposition. What if…. Every time a SOGI was introduced a SEA OF GREEN came out and boldly spread out over the room with confidence. This does two things. It shows the council they are being watched, and it tells the media, “You can’t lie about the numbers!” This very thing happened at the rally the Indiana Pastors Alliance sponsored. Within hours of the rally, the media said 200 came out when in fact the GREEN shirts showed there was well over 1300. They could not deny our story, and were forced to retract their story. This also inspires your neighbor to come stand with you, and unites a brand new army each and every council.
- Speak up! As these begin to unfold in your town, there are several ways to speak up.
- Meet with your pastor. These are busy men and women. They don’t know everything happening around them. Show them what a SOGI is, and how it will impact them. Ask them if you can educate the Sunday School classes. Can you imagine the impact we would have if entire Sunday School classes showed up in GREEN?
- Speak out on Social Media. This is a great platform and it is free!
- Letters to the Editor
- Speak at City Council meetings. Your voice needs to be heard! We can help you with simple talking points.
- Unite with Pro-Family Liberty groups such as the Indiana Liberty Action Coalition and American Family Association of Indiana who are on the front lines fighting for these issues. Help them financially, pray for them, and put your boots on the ground for them! These are your front line warriors who will keep pressing forward no matter the cost!
- Pray like you have never prayed before. There is a reason we fight. In Scripture, it says if we humble ourselves, seek His face and turn from our ways, He will hear us and heal our land. We can’t use the excuse of silence. We simply can’t. Many take the easy road and say, “Jesus is coming soon,” and they do nothing. However, if you study Scripture, you will see when God’s people prayed and cried out to Him, even though they were headed for judgement… God relented.
By showing up! Watch for the local ordinances to be introduced in your city, (and they will), and then show up in mass. Bring these real life stories with you and speak out. Many of these councilmen/women just want to pass nice feel good laws. They don’t know the dangers unless you tell them. Get your churches to show up to the city hall meetings and say NO. Get Christian businesses to how up and say NO. People of faith must show up and say NO! Educate them and say… NO!
There are some ways you can protect yourself proactively. I have linked to a great tool you can download and use, but the biggest thing we need to do is show up and say ABSOLUTELY NOT!
Finally request a Liberty Packet where the Indiana Liberty Coalition will send you a step by step action plan!
There is no time to mess around. Educate yourself. Activate NOW.